Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Recent Polish Purchases

Today I thought I would do a little round up of the recent addition to my nail polish collection, and talk you through which shades I am loving this season. First up (of course) is the Barry M Matte nail paint which I bought in 'Crush'. Having never tried a matte finish before I wasn't sure quite what to expect, but I am happy to report that I was pleasantly surprised! The colour is great for me being a huge fan of red nails, because this is a lovely autumn-y (perhaps not a word!) burgundy sort of colour so will work well with basically all of my winter wardrobe.

(Sorry about the polish on the 'Blue Grape' bottle)


Next up is the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in 'Blue Grape'. Now I am totally obsessed with this colour right now. Physical restraints have been necessary to stop me buying practically every item in this colour recently. So a very budget friendly little pot of nail paint in this colour was an absolute must for me. 

When buying that gorgeous blue shade I was also drawn to the 'Watermelon' shade so picked that as well. I think this is a lovely tone for the colder months, and darker green shades are right on trend at the moment. As always the Barry M formula is great, lasting quite a long time with a decent top coat and at £3.99 (Superdrug) they are a budget friendly pick-me-up!



During my recent shopping excursions I came across this gorgeous Revlon Nail Enamel in 'Sparkling'. Not having many glitter polishes I thought I would give this a try (particularly as it was £2 off at the time) and boy am I glad I did! It's gorgeous! Lovely on it's own or over something like a deep red, its long lasting and gives good glitter coverages (some can be a little sparse). Very happy with this purchase!

Last but not least is this interesting Sinful Colours Professional bottle in 'call you later'. Now if I'm honest I didn't think a whole lot about this one. I was queueing in Boots and vaguely looking at the Sinful Colours Professional stand when it caught my eye. When I last tried this brand I was delighted by the quality (see here) and made a mental note to pick up a few more shades at some point. My excuse is I was in Halloween mode at the time (yep, little late in posting this one), and planned to attempt some themed nail art with this. It's certainly not a usual colour choice for me, but I'm gonna give it a go and see how it works out. I will report back if it goes well! 

So those are the recent additions to my polish collection. Now lets take a look at the colours I will definitely be wearing this season.

M&S Autograph Ultimate Wear Nail Colour in City Grey, Rimmel Kate Salon Pro in Soul Session, Barry M Matte Nail Paint in Crush and Gelly Hi Shine in Watermelon and Blue Grape, Revlon Nail Enamel in Sparkling, Sinful Colours Professional in Call You Later , Barry M Nail Paint in Holograms.

I really like this colour range - it's not too bright and spring-like but has some interesting tones to experiment with. However, knowing me and my love of polish I'm sure additions with me made soon!

What do you think of these colours? Tried any of them before? What's your winter palette looking like? let me know!

1 comment:

  1. Blue Grape looks absolutely gorgeous!
    Great post!

    Kylie
    http://beautyineffect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...