After this extensive research I thought I would share the spoils of my work with you all, to save you the bother of doing it all over again should you fancy making some changes around your blog. Huge thanks and credit goes to the authors of these resources - they are brilliant!
- Blog (design) Love by Elise and Emma of A Beautiful Mess = Such a super course. Really comprehensive, fun, user friendly and understandable. Its $34 which is roughly £21 (give or take a few pence). A complete bargain if you ask me! Could not recommend this enough!
- Blog Inc. by Joy Deangdeelert Cho of Oh Joy! = This beauty covers everything a blogger needs to know from beginner to seasoned professional. It includes interviews with super bloggers such as Emily Schuman of Cupcakes and Cashmere and a shed load of great advice! Mine cost just over £7 from Amazon so it seemed like a no brainer to me. Her writing is so easy to read and digest that I finished it in one sitting, but has become a permanent fixture on my desk for easy reference.
- A Beautiful Mess Photo Idea Book by Elsie and Emma = Not being the best at photography I wanted to learn some of their tricks and tips for truly beautiful photos. If you have seen their blog you will know what I mean, and if not head over there now - you have no idea what you're missing! This book provides oodles of inspiration. Even if you don't intend to take photos, you should get this book anyway simply to flick though. It's beautiful! And for around a tenner it's a bargain in my book!
- Design Love Fest = Great article covering the basics with added hints and tips.
- Sofia's Journal = These Top 10 blogging tips were really helpful and certainly worth checking out.
- In Honour of Design = A beautiful blog which is inspiring in itself has a great collection of resources covering lots of topics.
- Alt Design Summit Blog = Really interesting articles covering lots of design areas. Great for inspiration!
- Silly Grrl = Awesome blog! Lots of helpful tutorials and tips - I spent ages reading the archives and found it so useful.
- xomisse = Fantastic tutorials and tips - there is so so much to gain from trawling this blog!
There are probably dozens more blogs that I haven't mentioned that I have found really helpful, and I will keep adding to this bank of resources and I find them.
Many many thanks to the authors of these resources again - I actually just can't thank you enough!
So keep looking everyone, because this blog is going to have a huge makeover over the next few weeks - you won't recognise it! So excited!!
If you have found or know of any great resources that you think deserve a mention, please comment below and I will check them out!